Ever notice the serious scrolling mode we are in these days when surfing the internet? Infinite scrolling experiences are most predominant on social, fashion and other image centric websites. Although it may appear as a fun and perky experience, there are some serious compelling reasons why you don’t want to use infinite scroll on your website.
Top reasons to avoid using infinite scroll
- Inability to jump to the end of the page.
- Footer not visible (it’s a hassle when you want to find any viable information on the website you are visiting).
- Due to the fact that you are using a greater browser memory your experience will be slow.
- Leave the page and you will loose your ability to pick up where you left off.
- SEO is left way behind! Anything below the first scroll will not be optimized.
So when tempted to turn on the switch for infinite scroll on your website consider the above first before proceeding (if at all!).